Benefits of slate green building
Slate is fireproof – it doesn’t burn at all.
- Slate is also waterproof, the surface darkens when wet but this natural building material is impermeable to water.
- Slate doesn’t need much maintenance, so no ongoing costs there.
- Slate doesn’t require a potentially harmful chemical protective surface because it is naturally resistant to the elements.
- Slate should not be treated.
- Slate can be prepared in different sizes and thicknesses to suit building purposes.
- Slate remains naturally stable in normal or in extreme weather conditions.
- Slate comes in an array of natural colors and each piece is unique.
- Slate is a clean and smart material.
- Cost is low when you take into account the long term durability.
- Slate is versatile for interior and exterior.
- Easy to fix with only a hook or 2 nails per slate.
- Damages slates can be replaced.
- Slate can also be glued using non toxic silicone and so keep its eco friendly characteristics.